Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 2:31AM
We have implemented new features in the editor that make it easier to add text, move around elements and manage your growing prezi while zooming and panning. Let's see what's new:
1. Move objects around simply by dragging them with your mouse. No need to click on them and use the zebra.
2. Just click anywhere and start typing to add text. Double click still works, and is used to edit existing texts.
3. The "Escape" key of your keyboard just became smarter:
- pressing esc while typing finishes the text edit session and closes the textbox.
- pressing esc while the Zebra is over an object makes the Zebra disappear
4. Lock elements with zooming (photo above): as you zoom in and out and items get tiny or huge, they will fade out and get "locked". They will behave like the background (you cannot drag them or select them but you can write on them). Unlocking is easy: just zoom to the opposite direction. Hitting the "shift" key (for multiselect) or multiselect by the zebra "+" menu option unlocks every object
(locking is disabled in show mode, you won't see faded objects while presenting)