- Get inspired to do something (for me this helped a lot)
- Start mapping out your carbon usage, see the results of our estimations below.
- Figure out some criteria for the offset project that you like. We found many projects that we are skeptical of but we agreed on 2 criteria: a) ability to easily contact the people who were running the project b) the project should impact social change, economic development and CO2 offsetting at the same time
- Based on our criteria we found this stove project. It claims that: a) families who get a stove gets dramatically improved health b) local entrepreneurs and the families receiving the stoves are involved and c) each stove lasts for about 10 year and saves about 2-3 tons of CO2 / year & stove
- From here on doing the math is easy: 150/(2.5*10)= 6 stoves = USD 1 350
If you have experience of your own, please share below. This year is thought to become the warmest year since we stared measuring. We need to become smart at this.