The Prezi Top 100 online resources will help you deliver the best presentations of your life.
We have scoured the web looking for the most inspirational and useful resources for anyone looking to improve their presentation skills; the #PreziTop100 is the result of all this hard work. We assembled this list by looking at both popularity data (Alexa Rank, Google pagerank, pageviews, Klout score, social media followers, and social engagement) and the quality of the content as determined by a panel of Prezi judges. So, without further ado, here are the best videos, articles, presentations, and blogs to get your creative juices flowing:
Keep an eye out for our Staff Favorites in each category—look for the bolded links.
Articles & Blogs
Learn from the best of the best; here are the top presentation blogs, along with selected articles.
- All About Presentations—Master Your Presentation in 25 Steps
- Better Presenting—What’s the Problem With “Creating a PowerPoint”?
- Big Fish Presentations—5 Killer Ways to Open Up Your Next Presentation
- BrightCarbon—14 Sales Presentation Ideas
- Christopher Witt, Communication Matters—Best & Easiest Way to Improve Your Speeches: Repeat Them
- Creating Communication—First Impressions: Nonverbal Communication Tips
- The Clemmer Group—Tips & Techniques for Inspiring Through Verbal Communications
- Dan Roam—The 3 Greatest Presentation Books of All Time (That Have Nothing to Do With Presentations)
- Decker Communications—What Do I Do With My Hands
- DiResta Communications, Inc.—How to Make Your Audience Fall in Love With You
DR. MICHELLE MAZUR–4 ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS TO CREATING AN EPIC AUDIENCE EXPERIENCE*
- Duarte—Rhetoric Isn’t a Bad Thing—10 Rhetorical Devices Regularly Used by Steve Jobs
- Ellen Finkelstein—Slide Design Rules—What Are Yours?
- The Eloquent Woman—7 Secret Advantages of the Speaker Who Practices
- eSlide—Tips for Presenting to Executives
- The Ethos3 Blog—Presentation Design 101: Stock Photography
- Eyeful Presentations—Presentation Lessons Learned from the 2012 London Olympics
- Harvard Business Review—Presentation Tools That Go Beyond “Next Slide Please”
- Idea Transplant—“I Need a Conference Presentation”
- Indezine—10 Tips to Create and Present Pecha Kucha
- Inter-Activ Presenting & Influencing—Effective Gestures for Better Presentations
- Jim Harvey—How Can I ‘Wow’ My Audience With Prezi?
- Kate’s Voice—The Power of Intention: the Secrets Your Voice Reveals
- Knowledge Vision—5 Tips for Injecting Personality Into Your Online Presentations
- La Fabbrica Della Realtá—Top 20 Presentation and Public Speaking Blogs
- M62 Visual Communications—Visual Conversations or Structured Presentations?
MAKE A POWERFUL POINT—THE REAL DEATH BY POWERPOINT
- Make Great—Communicating With Colour
- Martha Denton's Blog—Finding Your Story: Mindmaps
MANNER OF SPEAKING—SEVEN POWERFUL PUBLIC SPEAKING LESSONS FROM “MAD MEN”
- No Sweat Public Speaking—Body of a Speech – Make a Point, Tell a Story
- Pivotal Public Speaking—Is Your Audience Switching Off When You Present Data?
- Power Presentations, Ltd.—Presenters Are Not Performers
- PowerPoint Ninja—7 Tips for Presenting to Senior Executives
- Presentation Advisors—5 Ways to Start Your Presentation Off Strong
- The Presentation Designer—How to Become a Better Speaker
- Presentation Magazine—How to Get Speech Fit for 2014
- Presentation Magic: The Art, Science, and Magic of Presenting—The Unwitting Mistakes Science Presenters Make
- Presentation Zen—The Art of Finding Your Story
- The Prezi Blog—3 Steps to a Killer Presentation, from a TED Presenter
- Professionally Speaking—4 Speaking Essentials to Inform An Audience
- Public Speakers’ Blog—Greatest Oscar-Winning Speech
- PublicWords—How to Write a Great Speech: 5 Secrets for Success
- The Reluctant Speakers Club—Plain Speaking Works Best—Why You Should Say No to Jargon
- RexiMedia—The Best Kept Secret of Memorable Presentations
- Scott Berkun’s Blog—How to Run a Good Workshop
- Seth Godin’s Blog—Every Presentation Worth Doing Has Just One Purpose
- Skills You Need—Presentation Skills
- SlideCoaching—Q&A with no questions? Don’t panic!
- The SlideShare Blog—How to Stand Out from the Crowd
Soap Presentations Blog—10 Powerful Body Language Tips for Your Next Presentation*
- Speak Fearlessly—10 Most Common Rookie Mistakes to Avoid in Public Speaking
- Speak Up for Success—How to Prepare Great Speeches, Messages, and Pitches: Don’t Just Wing It!
- Speaking About Presenting—The Sobering Truth About What an Audience Remembers
- Speaking.io—Dealing With Nervousness
- Speech Mastery—Writing a Persuasive Speech
- Successful Presentations—8 Vital Questions to Ask Before Giving a Presentation
- Tweak Your Slides—Participation: Action Speaks Louder Than Your Words
Videos & Podcasts
What better way to improve your speaking skills than to listen to and watch some of the best speakers out there? Take a look at these videos of the best presentations, and give a listen to the best presentation podcasts out there.
- “The Clues to a Great Story” by Andrew Stanton at TED2012
- “How to Pitch Anything” by Oren Kleff at Presentation Supersummit
- “How to Tell A Story” by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie at TED Global 2009
- iPhone Launch 2007 by Steve Jobs at Macworld 2007
- “Pitching to VCs” by David Rose at TED2007
- Presentation Roundtable (podcast)
- “Schools Kill Creativity” by Ken Robinson at TED2006
- “Secret Structure of Great Talks” by Nancy Duarte at TEDxEast
- “Show, Don’t Tell” by Drew Banks at Presentation Supersummit
“HOW TO GET YOUR IDEAS TO SPREAD” BY SETH GODIN AT TED2007*
- “The Technology of Storytelling” by Joe Sabia at Full Spectrum Auditions
- What the Speak (podcast)
- “Your Presentation Sweet Spot: How to Create a Presentation So Good Your Audience is Moved to Act” by Dr. Michelle Mazur at Presentation Supersummit
Our selection of the top decks is diverse but sure to inspire as you think about creating your next presentation.
- The Art of Presentation by Steve Jobs
- Avoid a Presentation Meltdown
- The Decade of Data
- Deliver a Winning Business Pitch
- The Journey of an Entrepreneur
- Presentation Tips
- Steal This Presentation
- What would Steve Do? 10 Lessons from the World’s Most Captivating Presenters
- Your Sales Pitch Sucks
- The 4 Pillars of an Effective Presentation
- 5 Presentation Lessons from The King’s Speech
- 7 Tips to Beautiful PowerPoint
- 8 Tips for a Better Prezi
Here is our selection of the best books that deal with presentation best practices and becoming a more effective presenter.
- Advanced Presentations by Design by Andrew Abela
- Confessions of a Public Speaker by Scott Berkun
- How to Make Powerful Speeches by Eamonn O’Brien
- Moving Mountains, Or, The Art & Craft of Letting Others See Things Your Way by Henry Boettinger
- The Presentation Lab by Simon Morton of Eyeful Presentations
- Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs by Carmine Gallo
- Presentation Zen Design by Garr Reynolds
- Presenting to Win by Jerry Weissman
- Real Leaders Don’t Do PowerPoint by Christopher Witt
- Slide:ology by Nancy Duarte
TALK LIKE TED BY CARMINE GALLO*